The 11th annual WINK Feeds Families Hunger Walk benefiting the Harry Chapin Food Bank will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19 at the Miromar Outlets in Estero.
You can help make the Hunger Walk a successful event simply by participating in the “Meals for Harry” program and going out to eat! Several area restaurants are taking donations, making a donation or donating a percentage of your food bill to the food bank for the walk.
The Meals for Harry program starts Jan. 1 and continues through Jan. 14, with various restaurants participating on various days. For more details or to sign up for the Hunger Walk, visit winkhungerwalk.com or contact John Kuhn, special events manager, at 239-334-7007, ext. 152.
Here’s the schedule of restaurants and types of donations:
- Tuesday Jan. 1- Monday, Jan. 14
- Stillwater Grille, 13451 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers – round up your bill
- Bianca’s Ristorante, 16251 N. Cleveland Ave., North Fort Myers – taking cash donations.
- North Naples Country Club, 10095 Tamiami Trail N. – donates 25 percent of sales
- RipTide Brewing Company, 987 Third Ave. N., Naples – round up your bill (through Jan. 15)
- Monday, Jan. 7- Sunday, Jan. 13
- Sasse’s, 3651 Evans Ave., Fort Myers – donates 10 percent of evening meal
- Tuesday, Jan. 8
- Jason’s Deli (four locations in Lee and Collier counties) –Donates 10 percent of sales from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Brook’s Burgers – 15 percent of burgers sold 3 to 8 p.m., all locations.
- Wednesday, Jan. 9
- Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant, 7091 College Parkway, Fort Myers– donates 30 percent of pizzas and entrees sold from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Dairy Queen at U.S. 41 and Six Mile Cypress Parkway – donates 10 percent of sales from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 9 and Tuesday, Jan. 15
- 3 Pepper Burrito Company, Fort Myers – donates 10 percent of sales from 4 to 9 p.m., all locations
- Sunday, Jan. 13
- Sidelines Sports Bar & Grill, 4451 Veronica S. Shoemaker Blvd., Fort Myers – donates 10 percent of sales.