October 5, 2022
The last few days have been busy at Harry Chapin Food Bank. We are so grateful for the overwhelming amount of support we are receiving. We will do our best to keep you informed on our Hurricane Ian Relief efforts.
Here’s how we have been responding to the need in our community in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian:
- We received 30 truckloads of food in the last 3 days, totaling 949,000 pounds.
- We have distributed over 400,000 pounds of product in the past 2 days.
- We held four distributions, in Lehigh, Cape Coral, North Fort Myers and Immokalee.
- We will be continuing to update our mobile pantry calendar as we add emergency distributions.
- We welcomed 2 drivers from the Houston Food Bank, who will be helping us for the next two weeks.
Here’s what is needed:
- Financial gifts to support our relief efforts
- To support our efforts, click here.
- Non-perishable food items (preferably plastic, not glass)
- If you would like to donate food, click here.
- Volunteers to help pack and distribute food and water
- Volunteers with experience in administration
- If you would like to volunteer, click here.
Harry Chapin Food Bank