- 5 -7 day old good quality Croissants and depending on size
- 1/2 cup raisins or (1/2 cup chopped pecans is optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons dark rum
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- grated fresh nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- a pinch of ground cloves
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread chunks of croissants into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix raisins and dark rum together in a bowl; pour in just enough hot water to almost cover raisins. Let stand until raisins are plump, about 10-15 min or until almost all water is absorbed.
- Combine well are ingredients: milk, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, raisin mixture, brown sugar, butter, molasses, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger together in a large bowl until smooth; pour over bread. Set mixture aside until bread has absorbed the liquid, about 1 hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes or depending on your oven. Bread pudding should not be dry but tender and custardy.
Bread pudding can be served warm with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.